…and welcome to my website. My name is Tony Parr. I’m a professional, self-employed translator, editor and writer specialising in corporate communications. For further information, please click on one of the above tabs. Here’s what I do:
- Dutch-English and French-English translation (specialising in business-related material, i.e. finance, marketing, PR, tax and accountancy, as well as EU and development cooperation).
- Sworn, i.e. certified, Dutch-English and French-English translations of certificates, diplomas, letters, testimonials, contracts – anything, in fact.
Editing and writing
- Language editing: polishing up your English to eliminate any linguistic errors and Dutchisms.
- Editing for clarity: improving the readability of your English-language texts. This involves adjusting both form and content, for example by chopping and changing, and adding, omitting and moving text.
- Adapting speeches, press releases, marketing brochures, staff magazines etc. you’ve written for a Dutch audience so that they can be read, understood and enjoyed by an English-speaking audience.
Audits and consultancy
- Language audits: is your organisation’s use of English up to scratch? Is your language policy working (if you have one)?
- Consultancy: assessing the quality of translations, whether internally or externally produced. Are your translation service-providers delivering value for money?
- Voice-overs for films and video presentations.
Workshops and courses
- Workshops for secondary school students preparing for Cambridge ESOL exams, such as the Certificate of Proficiency in Use of English (CPE).
- Conferences, courses and workshops and other professional development activities for translators (a Teamwork activity together with my business partner, Marcel Lemmens).
- English writing courses for native speakers of Dutch.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you’re interested in any of these services. I look forward to hearing from you.